Friday 6 May 2011

A new commandment: Introduction

I watched the television last week as the Western World celebrated the murder of Osama Bin Laden.

This aroused a lot of emotion in me. A lot! At first, and automatically, I was sucked in by the power of the media and felt a sense of relief! "Shew, I am glad that they nabbed him!" Thereafter i felt really angry at how this operation has been executed and then, I felt really sad at the mess of it all.

From my first emotion response i see clearly the power and influence that the media have on me and on us. CNN showed some people dancing in the streets and having beer drinking contests in celebration. Something sure made those people happy, really happy! For a few moments i was a part of that feeling of "we won!"

My second response was, how can people have a party over the death of another human being. No matter how good or bad a person, who has the right to end that person's life? ## I am just saying? ##

And then the next morning, after a good night’s rest in my warm, comfortable and safe bed, i woke up feeling really sad at the entire situation.

It affected me and so I thought about it. And this is what i have concluded, for myself.

Perhaps the world has some way to go in its responses to the things it does not like. Being happy, angry and/or sad about anything just gives energy to that thing. It fuels it. So unless i can change that thing, it may be best not to feel happy, angry and /or sad about it.

I am thinking that perhaps the likes and dislikes which we attach to EVERYTHING perpetuates the illusion, as it moves us, our true selves, away from the truth. And the truth is that we are all one. We are all love.

Perhaps i should then only feel happy, angry and /or sad about the things which I can change and which are within my control. This would then require a small adjustment to the way I respond to the things which I cannot change.

And so, instead of feeling happy, angry and /or sad, perhaps I should just Love. Love everybody and Love everything. Love has the power to disarm anybody in ways which I cannot begin to imagine. And the best part of it, is that we are that Love and that very Love is all that there is!

Jesus loved everybody. He did not curse his perpetrators whilst on the cross. He responded to even them with Love. His new commandment to His disciples was: Love one another as I have loved you.

This does not mean that the Osama Bin Laden’s of this world should get away with their crimes and injustices nor does it mean that we should passively sit back in our spiritual bubbles and watch the world go by…

Instead it means that everybody is worthy of being loved. And It means that we should respond, actively and consciously by sending the vibration of LOVE to everybody and to every encounter. Imagine how the consciousness of our planet would be elevated if we responded this way, with Love and by Loving and blessing everybody, every encounter in our lives: be it something we once decided to “like” or to “dislike”.

To this end I say: Love especially those encounters which make us feel uncomfortable. Not only will we send healing to the encounter through the love vibration, but we will also heal that very part of ourselves for underlying this physical realm, we are all one.

"An eye for an eye" would leave half the world blind! And this blindness is a spiritual blindness which keeps the world from evolving into a warm, comfortable and safe place, for everybody, in everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Deirdre van Biljon9 May 2011 at 13:06

    I agree with you. I also felt great sadness about the whole thing. When I asked swami once if I can have a cat put down he said no because we do not have the right to decide over life and death. And this was about a cat....OSB was a person and I don't think it was right...
    Anyway, I agree that we need to love and spread love and be love and not judge. Easier said than done, but I will aspire and keep on trying till I eventually just am love...

    ReplyDelete